Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Vocab Fall #5

1. Allude: Referring to something
- I wasn't trying to allude anything.
2. Clairvoyant: Able to read minds
- God is clairvoyant.
3. Conclusive: Putting an end to a doubt/question
- The blood tests made a conclusive diagnosis.
4. Disreputable: Poor reputation
- His brothers clashes with the law gave him a disreputable.
5. Endemic: Natural to an environment/widespread
- The giraffe is endemic to america.
6. Exemplary: imitation
-Your an exemplary student.
7. Fathom: To understand
- I do not fathom what you are talking about.
8. Guile: Sly intelligence
- In science I am guile.
9. Integrity: Taught, speech & action
- Integrity is shown in every church.
10. Itinerary: trip schedule/plan.
- I hope to make my itinerary before graduating.
11. Misconstrue: Misunderstand, misrepresent
- The teacher misconstrue what I was trying to say.
12. Obnoxious: rude, loud
- My little brother is so obnoxious.
13. Placate: To calm down, satisfy
- I needed to placate him to know what happened.
14. Placid: Calm
-My friends are placid when they present in class.
15. Plagiarism: taking someones ideas& using them as yours.
- People use plagiarism because they don't like doing work.
16. Potent: Powerful
- When you succeed you feel potent.
17. Pretext: An excuse, reason for doing something
- I always pretext before saying the truth.
18. Protrude: to stick out
- My teacher protrude's good students.
19. Stark: obvious, easy to see, naked
- Never go stark to school.
20. Superficial: Looking real until examined closer
- A clown was superficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment