Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Vocab Fall # 3

1. Encomium: Warm, Glowing Praise
-The Foreman Received The Highest Encomium That Was Ever Given.
2. Coherent: Sticking Together
-Me & My Friend Coherent Our Posters W/Ideas.
3. Belabor: To Attack With Blows,Hit, Or Whip.
-If You Don't Stop I Will Belabor You.
4. Eschew: To Avoid
-The Teacher Eschewed The Talking In Class.
5. Acquisitive: Strong Desire To Gain& Possess.
-I Had A Acquisitive For New Shoes.
6. Emulate: To Equal Or Excel.
-The Young Boy Always Tried To Emulate His Older Brother.
7. Arrogate: To Take Or Claim For Oneself W/Out Right.
-My Friend Arrogated Food That Was Mine.
8. Banal: Commonplace & Often Predictable.
-The Banal Lectures Made The Boy Fall Asleep.
9. Excoriation: To Tear Or Wear Off The Skin.
- A Girl Had A Problem To Was Her Hands This Caused Excoriation.
10. Congeal: Soldify Or Freezing.
-The Man Congeals The Ice Cream.
11. Carping: Naggingly Critical Or Complaining.
-My Little Niece Is Carping When She Don't Get What She Wants.
12. Substantiate: Support W/Proof Or Evidence.
-We Showed Substantiate Of Who Was Responsible For Our Friends Accident.
13. Temporize: To Gain Time, Avoid Argument
-I Temporize When I Know I'm Right.
14. Largesse: Liberality In Bestowing Gifts.
-Due To The Largesse Of My Family, I Have Many Things.
15. Tenable: Capable To Maintain In Argument.
-Your Position On Global Warming Is Not Tenable.
16. Insatiable: Impossible To Satisfy
-He Has An Insatiable Hunger.
17. Reconnaissance: Inspection Or Exploration Of An Area.
18. Germane: Being Fitting
-Friends Sometimes Find That They Are Germane.
19. Ramify: To Have Complicated Consequences
-By Sneaking Out My Friend Had Ramify.
20. Intransigent: Refusing To Moderate A Position.
-He Will Not Succeed If He Intransigent In Work.
21. Taciturn: Habitually Untalkative
-Sally Was Always Known For Her Taciturn Personality.
22. Invidious: Resentment
-Abortion Is Perhaps The Most Invidious Topic In Our Culture Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment